Friday, January 22, 2010

Breakfast...Day FOUR




Today breakfast started off as it had yesterday, with miso soup (a staple of this Superhero menu plan), and something AMAZINGLY yummy and addictive called Pan-Fried Mochi.

Personally I'm beginning to feel great on day four, the miso soup is really cleansing and with the addition of all these weird and wonderful sea vegetables (arame, wakame & kombu), I'm beginning to feel a lot more energised -maybe it's a psychological thing, like a placebo-effect or something...but regardless, I'm going to put it down to this super-healthy eating plan and the weird and wonderful sea vegetables first thing in the mornings.

So, onto the magical dish of the whole week (so far). Pan-Fried Mochi. My god, this stuff is amazing. S was in heaven and I could seriously have kept eating it for lunch and dinner. Mochi is found in Japanese food stores and is (I hope I get this right) a block of rice glucose. It's hard and white in colour but when put in a frying pan with a bit of sesame oil, it goes all gooey and syrupy. You add a little bit of Shoyu on each side and then drizzle with some rice syrup....and I guarantee you won't be able to stop raving about how good it tastes!

Yummmm.....!!!

Lunch and Dinner on Day FOUR...I was off the hook in terms of cooking as S spent the day at the tennis (Aus Open), and so was in charge of organising his own vegan lunch and dinner. True to his word, he opted for vegan-friendly salads (boring, but still vegan), and to top it off, he sent me photo-proof of his lunch (such a dedicated challengee)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animals Australia