Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Breakfast/Lunch...Day TWO/THREE



Day three in, and so far so good! Yesterday was a kitchen-free day (yay), and as I mentioned last blog, this challenge allows for extra food to be made so that leftovers are had for the next day...easy.

DAY TWO Breakfast: Leftover Millet & Sweet Vege Porrige with toasted sunflower seeds.
DAY TWO Lunch: Leftover Quinoa with Basil/Pine Nuts and the rest of Day One's dinner...
DAY TWO Dinner: Free night...Japanese take-away, Vege Tempura, Stir-fried Vegetables and Vegetarian California rolls.

So, what are the above meals I hear you asking in anticipation?? Well. Today's breakfast was Bok Choy Miso Soup (only using barley miso) and Hot Polenta, Millet and Corn Cereal (left out the steamed watercress with Ume-Sesame dressing since this didn't go down too well on day one)! Poor S, I'm not sure how well he's coping with the breakfasts. He's a real cereal with fruit kindof guy, and I don't think he ever thought he'd be waking up to vegan breakfasts like this! Such a good sport though...not sure how many boyfriends would give this challenge a go! :-) And then there's me: up at 6am preparing this breakfast so it's all ready in time before he goes to work...what a girl!

Lunch was up to S. Today called for a free lunch choice, vegan of course. I trusted him to stick to this and had even gone so far as to provide him with a list of vegan-friendly restaurants in Melbourne's CBD (yep I'm a minor control-freak). Turns out he opted for the friendly salad sandwich, no cheese, no mayo, all vegan. Maybe he's slowly seeing the light?? Maybe it's because he started reading "Eating Animals" last night? Time will tell.

Since I'm technically "unemployed" right now and in-between jobs, the above Crispy Peanut Butter Treats (page 184) proved to be my boredom-saviour for today. The problem was that they were sooooooo good that I ended up eating more than half of them and was so full I couldn't eat dinner. Was really refreshing making these minus sugar...I'd never used rice syrup before but it proved to be a FANTASTIC sugar substitute!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Animals Australia