Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Menu Plan for the coming week...


Knowing my lack of skills at anything 'computer-savvy', these two menu pics will probably be illegible...but if they are it doesn't matter too much because I'll be blogging the meals daily. But...this gives a good indication of what S will be eating.

A DISAPPOINTING prelude to the challenge occurred last night at a family get-together. Firstly, the joke of the night was that S would be being a vegan for a week (I have a meat-eating family so this notion of a challenge was more than hilarious), and of course the tofu jokes came out in full swing...but that didn't so much bother me as the fact that S (perhaps to spite me??) decided to order an Eye Fillet Steak. Not only this, but he helped himself to prosciutto on more than one occasion. This really pissed me off. It's hard enough having to sit there and watch people around me order and eat meat...but S?! Two days out from The Challenge? Really....

So I've decided I'm going to make this even harder for him than he thought. I've decided to skip the options of the vegan recipe section in Silverstone's "Kind Diet" recipe book, and go straight to the recipe options in her Superhero plan...which is basically all vegan macrobiotic meals.

So yes S, you will be having tofu and miso soups for breakfast. Go shove that up your mean cow/pig-eating backside........but you know I still love you baby? Right? :-) This is seriously going to be for his own good. Just think of how amazing he will feel after this challenge, not to mention all the good he will feel by not supporting the meat and dairy industries for a week. Saving animals, saving the planet...one vegan at a time! Had to throw that in....

Okay, better go write a shopping list and get cracking.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, found your blog through The Kind Diet. Hope the challenge goes well - that menu looks amazing, I have to get me a copy of The Kind Diet! :-) Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, will keep you posted. And yes, highly recommend the book -very easy to read recipes and some really different meal ideas! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, found your blog through Facebook. Looking forward to hearing more from this challenge... Good luck to you - and your boyfriend! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Animals Australia