Sunday, January 17, 2010

Breakfast/Lunch...Day ONE

Day One of the challenge proved to be a lot more time in the kitchen than I'd anticipated! Argh!

And a lot more mess. For someone who's a terrible cook, and a really messy cook, I think I coped pretty well overall!

My breakfast staple on a daily basis generally consists of an oatmeal/quinoa porridge with blueberries & bananas...so to go from something relatively sweet in taste, to a savoury porridge, was kindof hard! And if it was hard for me, well...I think S's face in that photo says it all don't you? ;-)

Ok, breakfast: Millet and Sweet Vegetable Porridge, with Steamed Cabbage leaves and an Ume-Sesame Dressing (Umeboshi plum paste with roasted sesame seeds). To be honest, whilst the meal was definitely wholesome, filling and full of flavour...it really didn't do it for me on this Sunday morning. I guess I'd choose waffles or scrambled tofu over this dish easily. Sorry Alicia...

Lunch: Fried Udon Noodles...pretty self-explanatory. I just added in some chopped cabbage, mushrooms, peppers, onion, garlic and a heap of paprika. Cooking the noodles al dente and then finishing them off in the wok gave them a really nice finish...S said this was something he could eat every day. Tick! I think the noodles definitely made up for the lacklustre brekky...

And then came dinner.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Animals Australia