Friday, January 15, 2010

The start of a challenge!

So I proposed a challenge to my boyfriend last night...

I asked him to go completely vegan for a week (starting this Sunday), with breakfast/lunch & dinner to all be vegan meals. All cooked and prepared my moi.

I figured that the challenge would not only help me with my struggles in getting through my vegan cookbooks, but it might also show him that there's more to vegan food than what he thinks (which at this moment is tofu, miso and carrots)...why does every non-vegie think that we live on tofu and carrots??

I mean, we add spinach and rice to them...doesn't that count for something? ;-)

The menu I'm going to steal is an example menu from Alicia Silverstones "The Kind Diet" book...I'm going to combine some of her Vegan and Superhero recipes (Superhero is her definition of vegan macrobiotic food...really yummy stuff). So as I get closer to compiling the week's menu, I'll get organised and post a copy up on here.

I'll blog daily about the meals and his reactions (little does he know I'm posting a crafty blog on this experiment)...and include photos of my hopefully-tasty meals! In my next post I'll tell you a bit about my meat-eating man, and show you some recent meals I cooked from my new vegan cookbooks, that helped in twisting his arm around to do this challenge!

Fingers-crossed....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animals Australia